Kinokuniya Book Stores (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and AsianBasis (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (the "Company") attach great importance to the protection of personal information of our customers and to ensure that we will protect and treat your personal data in accordance with the data protection laws and in order to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562. The Company, therefore, prepares a privacy notice for processes related to customers of Kinokuniya Book Stores (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and AsianBasis (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (“Announcement '), which was prepared to clarify the details and how to manage and process personal data that the Company received from you. Including clarifying the purpose of collecting, using, disclosing and forwarding as well as the period of retention of such personal data such as recording, organizing, storing, adjusting or modifying, retrieving, sending, transferring, disseminating or making it accessible or available by any means, arrangement, combination Restriction or prohibition of access, deletion or destruction (“processing”) and your rights as the owner of personal data. The company recommends that you read and understand the terms under this announcement. The details are as follows.
“Company” means Kinokuniya Book Stores (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and AsianBasis (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
“You” means the Client and any person related to the Client.
“Personal Data” means information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. either directly or indirectly but does not include the information of the deceased in particular.
“Sensitive Personal Data” means personal data relating to your race, ethnicity, political opinions. doctrine religion or philosophy sexual behavior, criminal record, health information, disability, union information, genetic information, biological information or any other information that affects the owner of the information similarly as prescribed by the Personal Data Protection Committee.
“Personal Data Controller” means a person or juristic person who has the authority to make decisions regarding the collection, use or disclosure of personal data.
“Personal Data Processor” means an individual or juristic person who carries out the collection, collect, use or disclosure of personal data in accordance with the instructions or on behalf of the data controller.
“Personal Data Protection Laws” means the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 and related subordinate laws and shall include any future amendments to the law.
Groups or types of persons that the Company collect personal information
Under this announcement, the group or type of person that the Company The collection and processing of personal data consists of:
Customer means a person who purchases goods and/or uses services from the Company and/or may purchase products and/or use services from the Company or any other person with similar characteristics such as event participants Website users Person who contacts to obtain information or request services from the Company and respondents about the products and/or services of the Company, etc.
3.1. Persons related to the customer means persons related to or representatives of the customer, such as executives, directors, employees, agents or any personnel of the customer who are juristic persons. and shall include related parties whose personal data appears in documents related to related processes, such as managers, purchasers, product recipients, and check payers, etc.
How the Company collect and receive your personal data
1.The company collects and receives your personal data through the following channels:
(a) personal data that you directly provide to the company
(1) When you communicate, ask for information, give opinions or criticism to the Company. May it be written or verbal communication, telephone, e-mail, fax, post, face-to-face or by any other means.
(2) When you show your intention to purchase the product, order or use services from the company, enter into a contract with the Company or deliver documents which personal information appears to the Company and,
(3) When you participate in marketing activities participation in events, accepting prizes or other activities organized by or on behalf of the Company, etc.
(b) personal data that the company automatically collected from you
The company may receive your personal data automatically, such as recording data via CCTV. (Closed-circuit television: CCTV) installed in the office building area and areas of various fields, collecting technical data, activities and traffic patterns information about your browsing history automatically by using cookies and other similar technologies. You can learn more at "Cookies Notice" of the company.
(c) personal data that the company received from outsiders
The Company may receive your personal information from third parties such as:
(1) Data collection from service providers of the company such as public relations service providers and recommend products/services, etc.
(2) In some cases, the Company may collect your personal information from public sources, resources for your business or commercial resources whether you are the person who discloses personal data yourself or has given consent to anyone else to disclose your personal data.
2. In collecting your personal data, you will be notified of the details specified in this announcement, including but not limited to objectives and legal bases for collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing personal data or if it is the case where the Personal Data Protection Law requires that the processing of any personal data requires your consent, the Company will request your explicit consent.
3. In the event that the Company Collect your personal data before the date on which the law on personal data protection in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of personal data comes into force. The Company will continue to collect and use your personal information according to the original purpose for which the company has informed you about the collection of personal information. You have the right to revoke your consent by contacting the Company. According to the contact details specified in item 11 of this announcement. The company reserves the right to consider your request to cancel your consent and take action in accordance with the law on personal data protection.
Personal data collected
Your personal data that is collected and processed under this announcement, whether it is your personal data provided directly to the company or personal information that the company automatically collected from you or personal information that the company received from outsiders, including:
1. Personal information such as name, surname, position, identification number. taxpayer identification number, etc.
2. Contact information such as address, delivery location invoice delivery location, telephone number, fax, e-mail, etc.
3. Payment information such as amount, terms of payment, bank account number, personal information appearing on invoices, tax invoices, receipts, receipt for payment and bank account debit slips, etc.
4. Information used as evidence for registering as a customer with the Company or in various transactions, such as personal information that appears in a copy of an ID card, passport copy, copy of house registration, copy of name change certificate, application for opening a customer account page, power of attorney, copy of company certificate, copy of PP. 20 and purchase-sell contract or any other contracts related to the transaction, etc.
5. Technical data such as computer traffic data (Log), computer serial number (IP Address) and information that the company collected through cookies or other similar technologies, etc.
6. Other data such as recording still images and moving images via closed-circuit television cameras (CCTV), etc.
Objectives and legal bases for processing personal data
1. The Company processes your personal data for various purposes under the following legal bases. (Together referred to as “Purpose of processing personal data”)
|1.1||To process, record, process, review and/or store your online orders, requests and transactions;||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
|1.2||For correcting and changing details about customer information in the Company's information system||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
|1.3||For handling complaints from customers customer related person or any other person with similar characteristics||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
|1.4||For public relations and for the company's marketing activities||Consent (Consent)|
|1.5||To communicate with customers or any other person with similar characteristics.||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
|1.6||For compliance with laws related to the Company's business and legitimate orders of relevant government agencies and officials||Compliance with the law (Legal Obligation)|
|1.7||For the establishment of rights, legal claims, compliance with or exercising legal claims or raising up against the claims of the Company in various steps according to the law||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
|1.8||To monitor public order and safety of persons and assets of the Company||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests) Prevention or suppression of danger to life, body or health of persons (Vital Interests)Prevention or suppression of danger to life, body or health of persons (Vital Interests)|
|1.9||To take any action that is necessary and beneficial to you or directly related to the purposes set out above.||Necessity for legitimate interests (Legitimate Interests)|
2. Due to your personal data that the company will carry out the processing for the purposes specified in clause 6.1 above in relation to compliance with the law or contract or is necessary to enter into a contract with you. It is necessary information to achieve such objectives. If you do not wish to provide such personal information to the Company may have legal implications or may cause the Company Inability to perform duties under the contract entered into with you or unable to enter into a contract with you (in some cases). In such cases, the Company may have to refuse to enter into a contract with you or cancel the trade or providing services related to you whether in whole or in part.
3. In the event that the Company will process your personal data in a manner and/or for purposes that are inconsistent with the objectives specified above, the Company will provide additional policies or announcements regarding the protection of personal data and/or have written to you explaining the processing of such data. You should read related policies or additional notices in conjunction with this announcement and/or the said letter (in some cases).
Disclosure of Personal Information
1. The company may disclose your personal data under the specified objectives and in accordance with the law. Assigned to the following persons and entities:
(a) Departments within the company Central World Branch, EmQuartier branch, Siam Paragon Branch and warehouse office. This includes executives, directors, employees, employees and/or internal personnel of the aforementioned companies as far as they are concerned and as necessary for the processing of your personal data.
(b) Business partners, service providers and personal data processors that the Company assign or hire to do duty to manage/process personal data for the Company in providing services such as providing information technology services, payment service, postal service, parcel delivery service or any other services that may benefit you or related to the business operations of the Company such as commercial banks, etc.
(c) Company's advisors such as legal advisors, lawyers, auditors, or other experts that both inside and outside the company, etc.
(d) A government agency having statutory regulatory duties; or requesting the disclosure of personal information by virtue of law or in connection with legal process or permitted by Related laws such as the Revenue Department, Department of Business Development, Office of the Personal Data Protection, Commission National Police Agency, The Office of the Attorney General, the Court and the Legal Execution Department, etc.
(e) Any other person or entity to which you have given your consent to disclose your personal data to such person or entity.
2. The disclosure of your personal data to other persons is carried out under the specified objectives or other purposes specified by law to be performed only. In the event that the law requires your consent, the company will ask for your consent first.
3. In disclosing your personal data to other people, the company will provide appropriate measures to protect the disclosed personal data and to comply with the standards and duties of personal data protection as stipulated by the law on data protection. Personal information is required. Sending or transferring your personal data abroad, the company will take steps to ensure that the destination country, international organization or the data recipients in foreign countries have adequate personal data protection standards or to ensure that the sending or transfer of your personal data abroad is in accordance with the rules prescribed by the law on personal data protection. In some cases, the Company may ask for your consent for submissions or transfer your personal data to such foreign countries.
Period of retention of personal data
The company will retain your personal data for the period necessary to achieve the objectives specified in the Process personal data, the retention period of personal data will change depending on the purpose for which personal data is processed. In addition, the Company will retain personal data for the period required by relevant laws (if any) taking into account the legal statute of limitations for legal proceedings that may arise from or related to documents or personal information that the company collected in each item. And taking into account the practices of the company and of the relevant business sector for each type of personal data is important.
After the expiration of the aforementioned period, the Company will delete or destroy such personal data from storage or the company's system and of other persons who provide services to the Company (if any) or making your personal information untrue can identify you Unless it is the case that the company Such personal data can be retained as required by the Personal Data Protection Law or other relevant laws. For more details on the retention period of your personal data, you can contact the company according to the contact details specified in Clause 11 of this announcement.
Your rights as a data subject
As the owner of personal data, you have rights as specified by the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. “Data Subject Right Request Form” or contact via the channels specified by the Company in Clause 11, which can begin exercising rights. When the Personal Data Protection Law is effective for the Company The various rights are detailed as follows:
(a) Right to Withdraw Consent
In the event that the company ask for your consent, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data that you have given consent to the Company, unless the revocation of consent is limited by law or contract in favor of you.
(However, the revocation of consent will not affect the processing of personal data for which you have lawfully given consent)
(B) Right to access to personal data (Right to Access)
You have the right to request access and obtain a copy of your data which is under the Company's responsibility. Including asking the company to disclose the acquisition of such information that you have not given consent to the company.
(c) Right to request delivery or transfer of personal data (Data Portability Right)
You have the right to request the Company to transfer your personal data that you have provided to the company as required by law.
(d) Right to object the collection, use or disclosure of personal data (Right to Object)
You have the right to object to the processing of data about you in the event of collection, use or disclosure of your personal data as required by law.
(e) Right to request erasure of personal data (Erasure Right)
You have the right to request the Company deleting your personal information as required by law. However, the Company may collect your personal information electronically, which may have some systems that cannot be deleted. In such case, the Company will arrange to destroy or make such information become non-identifiable to you.
(f) Right to Restrict Processing of Personal Data
You have the right to request the Company to suspend the use of your information as required by law.
(G) Right to Rectification of Personal Data
In the event that you see that the information that the company hold is inaccurate or you have changed your own personal information; You have the right to request the Company to correct your personal information so that such personal information is accurate, current, complete and not misleading.
(h) Right to lodge a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent official under the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 if the Company violates or fails to comply with the said Act.
In this regard, the Company reserves the right to consider your request to exercise your rights and take action in accordance with the protection laws personal information set.
Amendments to this notification form
The Company may update this personal information notification form from time to time and when such changes are made, the company will announce to you through the company's website and/or notify you via e-mail. If necessary to obtain your consent, the company will also request additional consent from you.
How to contact
If you have any questions or want to ask more details about the protection of your personal data. Collection, use or disclosure of your information exercising your rights or have any complaints, you can contact the company. through the following channels:
Company Name: Kinokuniya Book Stores (Thailand) Co., Ltd. and AsianBasis (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Address: 49 Asia Sermkij Building, 3rd Floor, Soi Pipat, Silom Road, Silom Sub-district, Bangrak District, Bangkok 10500
Business hours: 09.00 am-6.00 pm
Join as a Kinokuniya Privilege Card member and enjoy 10% off retail price (Books) at all Kinokuniya Thailand stores and Kinokuniya Webstore.
With an extensive collection of book and magazine titles in English, Thai, Japanese, and Chinese as well as a selective range of quality non-book gift items and more, your membership privileges definitely extend to more than just a few!